Whether you want to design and build homes from scratch, or learn how to restore historic structures, this course will give you the creative and technological skills to succeed. Specialise in the technical aspects of the design, construction and performance of buildings and discover how you can shape the built environment around you. This course will give you the flexibility to do just that, at a time and pace convenient for you. As part of your course you’ll:
- Study the latest international practices in architectural technology to inform your learning
- Explore construction technology, construction law and building regulations, enabling you to create comprehensive specifications for proposed design projects
- Produce a portfolio of work that highlights your skills and knowledge as an architectural technologist.
- Industry experienced expert teaching team
- Access to free and discounted software packages
- Opportunity to tailor your study to match your career ambitions or personal interests
- Flexible part-time distance learning through our Virtual Learning Environment.
Core modules: Construction law principles; sustainable construction; research methods; defects and repairs; inclusive master planning; design and specification; sustainable refurbishment; major design project.
Applicants should either have at least a 2nd Class Honours degree or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional. Applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum 5.5 in each component) or equivalent.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Leeds Beckett University
Clearing contact details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0113 812 3113