The information provided on this page was correct at the time of publication (October/November 2022). For complete and up-to-date information about this course, please visit the relevant University of Oxford course page via www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/ucas For health professionals seeking an understanding of the importance of systematic reviews in healthcare as well as the practical skills to conduct them. Training is provided in the fundamental principles of evidence-based healthcare and research design, with more specific training in the conduct of basic and more complex systematic reviews. This course is designed for health care professionals and researchers seeking to consolidate their understanding and ability in contextualising, carrying out, and applying systematic reviews appropriately in health care settings. The course aims to provide a structured training in designing, conducting, and interpreting high-quality systematic reviews in health care. The course also aims:
- to introduce the basic concepts and skills of evidence-based health care, including how to formulate a clinical research question, search for evidence, critically appraise evidence for sources of bias, and apply evidence to health care settings
- to describe in detail different types of research methods and identify the strengths and weaknesses of different study designs.
- learn how to design a systematic review research protocol
- gain a more detailed understanding of the process involved in conducting a systematic review
- develop the skills to conduct, report and update a systematic review
- gain a familiarity with basic and advanced techniques for the analysis of quantitative systematic review data: meta-analysis, meta-regression, network meta-analysis, diagnostic meta-analysis, individual patient data meta-analysis
- gain an understanding of and reasons for more complex systematic reviews in health care, such as realist reviews, reviews of clinical study reports, prognostic reviews, and meta-synthesis
- explore new paradigms in systematic reviews and evidence synthesis
- gain sufficient training to conduct systematic reviews independently.
For complete and up-to-date information about this course, please visit the relevant University of Oxford course page via www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/ucas
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course