This Masters offers the opportunity for the critical study of film and television. This well-established programme aims to provide an advanced understanding of the approaches and methodologies in Film & Television Studies and to equip you with core research skills for advanced study in this field. WHY THIS PROGRAMME
- You will be studying in Glasgow, one of the leading media cities in the UK, and be based at our Gilmorehill Centre, with its own cinema as well as extensive collection of video, DVD and digital resources.
- The Gilmorehill Centre is home to the international journal Screen and hosts the annual Screen conference every summer, attracting leading names in film and television studies from across the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in the conference as well as to engage with guest speakers from the academy and media industries throughout the year.
- The Masters is particularly relevant as preparation for further postgraduate research in film and television. However, it also facilitates contact and critical engagement with film, television and creative arts organisations in Glasgow, through site visits and guest speakers.
- The programme is forward-thinking in its approach to issues of equality, diversity and inclusivity. It recognises the inequalities that have developed within film and television studies and offers a curriculum designed to challenge the status quo.
- The programme is one of very few in the UK that places an equal emphasis on television.
- You will be able to socialise and collaborate with the Film Curation and Filmmaking and Media Arts students who are also taught out of Gilmorehill Centre.
How to apply
International applicant information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'international'. Classes start September 2021 and you may be expected to attend induction sessions the week before.
Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sponsorship and funding information can be found via gla.ac.uk by searching for 'scholarships'.
University of Glasgow
The Fraser Building
65 Hillhead Street