Taught by leading experts, the BSc (Hons) Computer Games Development at Liverpool John Moores University offers you exciting paid work placement opportunities with leading games development companies plus access to state-of-the-art facilities. This BSc course will prepare you to be a computer game developer ready to work and succeed in this challenging and exciting industry.
- Dedicated Gaming lab with VR-Ready Workstations, PlayStation Development Kit, Xbox Development Kit , VR Development Kit, Microsoft HoloLens, and Motion Capture System
- Incorporating industry-standard curriculum (PlayStation First and Unreal Academic Partner) into teaching
- Academic society (LJMU IGDA Academic Chapter) and annual student events such as LJMU Game Showcase and LJMU Game Jam
- Opportunity to undertake a year's paid industrial placement thanks to our links with over 450 local, national and international organisations, including SCEE, Lucid Games, Atomicom, Damibu, Setgo Games, Fish in a Bottle, TribePlay in China
- Regular visits by game industry professionals who offer career and technical advice
- Exciting career opportunities with games development companies like Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Rockstar North, Electronic Arts, Jagex, Lucid Games, TT-Games, Hello Games, PlayDemand, V-Time and more
- International Foundation Year course available offering direct progression onto this degree programme - visit LJMU's International Study Centre to find out more
Please visit the Liverpool John Moores University website for detailed module information.
Assessment varies depending on the modules you choose. You will be assessed by a combination of coursework and exams plus an independent final year project which contributes substantially to your final mark. Your tutors will give prompt and constructive feedback via Canvas (our virtual learning environment), face-to-face or in writing. This will help you to identify your strengths as well as the areas where you may need to put in more work.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Prior to starting the programme applicants must have obtained Grade C or Grade 4 or above in English Language and Mathematics GCSE or an approved alternative qualification below: • Key Skills Level 2 in English/ Maths • NVQ Level 2 Functional skills in Maths and English Writing and/or Reading • Skills for Life Level 2 in Numeracy/English • Higher Diploma in Maths/ English • Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths/ English • Northern Ireland Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication or Application of Number • Wales Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication or Application of Number
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
Please see our Bursaries and Scholarships page for more information: https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/discover/fees-and-funding/bursaries-and-scholarships