Kingston University has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
Reasons to choose Kingston:
- This course is validated by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB). Graduation gives you IBA Part 1 exemption – the first step towards becoming an architect.
Examples of modules: Please note that is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Year 1
- The Principles of Reading Architecture
- The Principles of Designing Architecture
- The Principles of Representing Architecture
- The Principles of Making Architecture
- The Processes of Reading Architecture
- The Processes of Designing Architecture
- The Processes of Representing Architecture
- The Processes of Making Architecture
- The Practice of Reading Architecture
- The Practice of Designing Architecture
- The Practice of Representing Architecture
Assessment typically comprises exams (eg test or exam), practical (eg presentations, performance) and coursework (eg essays, reports, self-assessment, portfolios, dissertation).
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Main Site|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||128 points||Points to include at least two A-levels or recognised equivalent Subjects: Not subject specific but an art and design portfolio will be required. General Studies and Key Skills points not accepted in tariff. Plus GCSE (A*–C): five subjects including English, Maths and preferably a Science subject (Key Skills Level 2 may be used in lieu of GCSE English and Maths) (or comparable numeric scores under the newly reformed GCSE gradings). Offers will be made on the basis of your UCAS form, predicted points, portfolio of work and interview for selected applicants. Portfolio You will be asked to show a portfolio of work during your interview.|
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
English language requirements
English Language requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
53-57 High Street
Kingston upon Thames
Clearing contact details
Clearing call centre - Kingston University 08000483334 - UK Based callers only +44 2083281149 - Non UK Based callers
08000 483 334
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Kingston School of Art Admissions