Help to build a better sounding world with a postgraduate degree in Acoustics. Delivered in full and part-time study pathways, either on campus or online, we've designed a course to nurture your specialist knowledge, so you're ready to develop a career as a future leader in audio product development, noise consultancy or sound management. Recommended for numerate science graduates looking to join the acoustics and audio profession, you will benefit from using world-class facilities learning alongside an academic team at the forefront of industry-focused research.
- Follow a structured postgraduate training programme in acoustics, with specific focus on the technologies and principles associated with industrial applications
- Gain a detailed knowledge, systematic understanding and critical analysis of acoustical concepts, along with the ability to apply these concepts to practical problems of engineering design and analysis
- Build practical skills in measurement as you develop the ability to critically evaluate new developments within the field and contribute to the development of acoustics through research and project work
- Shape your learning based on your interests or career plan by choosing options that include psychoacoustics, environmental noise measurement, immersive sound reproduction and noise and vibration control
- Learn alongside research-active academics and technicians, using some of the UK’s leading acoustics facilities that are regularly used by major organisations to test and develop audio and acoustics products
How to apply
This course has a subject classification which requires students whose nationality is outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland to have an ATAS certificate, irrespective of country of residence at the point of application.
Further information can be found on the UK Government's website: www.gov.uk/academic-technology-approval-scheme
A first or second-class degree in a numerate engineering or science discipline. All applicants must have a significant grounding in engineering mathematics.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course