Choose from a huge variety of history modules from across medieval, early modern and modern history – and explore topics from around the world. Our History graduates get top jobs in a wide range of sectors, including law, business, government, heritage, finance and marketing. With modern languages in demand in the current climate, why not enhance your career options by taking History alongside French, German, Portuguese or Spanish? With options to enhance your current study, or to take up any of these languages as a total beginner – there has never been a better time to learn a language. Key benefits
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 9th in the UK by The Guardian University Guide (2016).
- Graduates get top jobs in a wide range of sectors, including law, business, government, heritage, finance and teaching.
- A wider range of periods and places than most history degrees, from medieval Europe to modern India.
- Students are taught in a friendly and supportive environment by expert historians.
- The central London location offers students easy access to world-class museums, collections and libraries.
- French, German and Spanish have been taught at King's since 1831 and Portuguese since the 1860s, making us one of the oldest modern languages programmes in the country.
- Our language departments are consistently voted among the best in the UK and offer our graduates excellent career prospects.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Required subjects: None - A Level in French, German, Spanish or Portuguese at grade B or equivalent is required if you plan to take the language at Advanced level. The ab initio pathway allows students to start studying one of these languages from scratch. Preferred subjects: History
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|