Learn how to protect and improve the safety and health of the public. You’ll study food safety, housing, environmental protection and public health on this accredited degree. This industry accredited degree will enable you to play an important role in society. As part of your course, you’ll:
- Understand the responsibility for protecting public health
- Study how to uphold the maintenance of health environments
- Examine complex environmental health problems and learn how to formulate effective solutions
- Learn about the enforcement, education and the issuing of advice while working in partnership with other agencies
- Be taught by environmental health practitioners experienced in key areas such as food safety and health and safety
- Professionally accredited - this course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Specialist facilities - put your learning into practice
- Fantastic work experience opportunities - develop your skillset and enhance your CV
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Law & Safety Management
- Introduction to Housing
- Food Science & Control
- Environmental Science
- New & Developing Practitioner
- The Psychosocial Context of Health
- Environmental Management
- Public Health
- Understanding the Research Process
- Housing Law & Practice
- Health & Safety Law in Practice
- Food Safety Law & Practice
- Environmental Control Strategies
- Housing Policy & Practice
- Sensible Risk Management
- Honours Project
- Professional Interventions Food
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|