This course is delivered by the AACSB-accredited Business School. Fewer than 6% of Business Schools worldwide are accredited by the AACSB, and this accolade recognises our focus on excellence in all areas of learning, teaching, assessment, and the student experience. Why study BA (Hons) Business & Management (Economics) (with Foundation Year) at BU?
- Explore alternative theories concerning the working of micro and macro economies, alternative economic systems and alternative economic policy strategies
- You can study abroad in year two at one of BU’s international partner institutions in Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Turkey or the United States
- Study a diverse subject that provides a stepping-stone to work in any industry, anywhere in the world
- Complete an optional 30-week placement, giving you invaluable opportunities to gain industry experience and build a professional network
- Study at a university with over 35 years’ teaching experience in this area, excellent industry connections and an international reputation
- Within fifteen months of graduating, 94% of students on our Business & Management courses are in employment or further study. (Source DiscoverUni 2023)
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: fundamentals of business & management, academic & professional practice and fusion business project. As part of the degree, you will study a range of subject areas including management competencies, accounting; organisational behaviour & responsible management, marketing, economics, recruiting, selecting & training and strategic management. In your final year the two specialist Economics units will enable you to develop critical knowledge, understanding and skills in the areas of domestic and international economic analysis, preparing you for your future career or further studies.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- AACSB International
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|