Our Postgraduate Certificate in Career Coaching offers a unique combination of in-depth study of career management, counselling and coaching theory with practical training in career coaching skills. The course aims to equip coaches, consultants and HR professionals with the skills and knowledge to work with groups and individuals in organisations and in private practice in the role of career coach or consultant. This is one of the few courses in the UK to focus on adult career management and coaching. It attracts individuals working in a wide range of settings and organisational contexts, and provides excellent opportunities for peer learning and networking. It also offers a progression route onto our MSc Career Coaching. Highlights
- Our Postgraduate Certificate in Career Coaching is aligned with the Career Development Institute National Occupational Standards.
- The Department of Organizational Psychology is renowned for its quality teaching and expertise in the delivery of part-time courses.
- We offer specialist career coaching skills practical training days.
- We will provide you with access to an extensive range of electronic resources, including specially prepared texts for each module and use of the online learning environment, with a high level of staff support.
- People who hold the Postgraduate Certificate in Career Coaching meet the qualification requirements for entry to the UK Register of Career Development Professionals. The Register is the sector equivalent of Chartered Status. Being on the Register proves to employers and clients that you hold a qualification in career development at QCF Level 6/SCQF level 11 or above, abide by the CDI Code of Ethics and undertake and record a minimum of 25 hours' CPD per year. Increasingly employers are asking that employees are on the Register.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Reflective practice assessment for professional practice development and case work to integrate theory and evidence-based practice.
How to apply
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, the requirement for this programme is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 7.0, with not less than 6.5 in each of the sub-tests. If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses and foundation programmes to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification. Career and management development professionals and consultants without a second-class honours degree but with suitable professional qualifications and at least five years' significant work experience in a range of organisations may be considered. Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£3950||Year 1|