If you want to produce Netflix box sets, direct BBC news, live sport outside broadcasts, or award-winning music videos, this degree will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to turn your dreams into reality. Why study BA (Hons) Television Production at BU?
- From the very beginning, you’ll create content in the TV studio and out on location, produce, direct, operate camera and sound equipment, vision mix, edit, present, arrange lighting, floor manage and much more
- You’ll learn how to use the latest technology in our brand new, state-of-the-art 4K studios and control rooms. These are probably the biggest and best facilities available to students anywhere in the UK
- You’ll learn from a team of experienced academics and media professionals. We’re producers, directors, film makers and practitioners who have worked across a range of film and television production including drama, documentary and factual, children’s television, entertainment, live broadcast and more
- You’ll join a team of talented, motivated students learning how to tell stories with video. You’ll form your own production companies and produce your own content
- You'll graduate career-ready with 95% of our graduates who are in employment 15 months after their studies (source DiscoverUni 2022)
- You’ll gain the real-world experience necessary to impress future employers on work placements at organisations such as the BBC, Sky and Warner Bros.
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic & Professional Practice | Collaborative Communication Project | Media & Current Debates | Media Work. As part of the Degree, you will study Television Craft | Television Principles | Media Scholarship | Concept to Screen | Understanding Media | Media Perspectives | Television Specialisms | Production Portfolio | Career Pathways | Concept & Production Skills Development | Graduate Project | Dissertation
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information