The BA (Hons) Policing Studies Distance Learning degree at Liverpool John Moores University will take you on a critical exploration of policing, encouraging you to reflect on the contemporary challenges within policing and investigation.
- This is a Level 6 honours top-up course, which can be completed within 2 years for students holding a relevant qualification such as a foundation degree, HNC/D or relevant work experience
- Flexible start dates are available
- Taught entirely online, the course will allow you to study flexibly for a level 6 qualification
- Allows existing Foundation degree students to progress to a BA (Hons) Policing Studies in two years
- Innovative and thought-provoking modules both reflect and challenge current policing practices and debates
- Be part of the new Liverpool Centre for Advanced Policing Studies, the UK's first research centre devoted to supporting the needs of 21st century policing
Please see guidance on core and option modules for further information on what you will study. Level 6 (For FDA Policing Studies students this is a top-up year to achieve a BA (Hons) Policing Studies) Research Project Advanced Social Research Skills Contemporary Issues in Policing The following options are typically offered: Policing, Security and Risk Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism Investigation Skills Application of Intelligence to Policing Multi-Agency and Partnership Working
You will be assessed via a range of different methods. Your marks and feedback will be available within 15 working days of submitting a piece of work. That’s because we believe that constructive feedback is vital in helping you identify your strengths as well as the areas where you may need to develop further. Assessment varies depending on the modules you choose, but will usually include an essay and coursework. You will normally receive extensive feedback on your assessments, and occasional verbal feedback. All feedback is designed to help you achieve your full potential and get the most out of your studies, so staff will be available to discuss it with you and direct you to further support if you feel you need it.
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£1900||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Liverpool John Moores University
Egerton Court (Headquarters)
2 Rodney Street
Clearing contact detailsRegister your interest in Clearing
Get in touch
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Faculty of Arts, Professional and Social Studies
0151 231 5175