**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary**
- Study your foundation year, then progress to the full degree.
- Learn essential business management skills.
- Prepare for an exciting honours degree course — which includes opportunities to learn a language and study abroad.
- On this course, you’ll gain the knowledge and confidence you need to study Airline and Airport Management. You’ll learn useful business, communication, digital and research skills, and familiarise yourself with Sheffield Hallam. Upon completing your foundation study, you’ll be ready to hit the ground running on a full honours degree.
- All our courses are designed around a set of key principles based on engaging you with the world, collaborating with others, challenging you to think in new ways, and providing you with a supportive environment in which you can thrive.
- You’ll take modules that test your independent study skills, as well as traditional lectures, seminars and group work. You’ll receive face-to-face feedback regularly.
- Throughout the course, you'll learn through many of the same techniques used on the degree, and familiarise yourself with Sheffield Hallam and its facilities.
- problem-solving activities
- group and individual work
- Applied learning
- operations management
- human resource management
- customer experience management
- business support
- sales and marketing
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 Compulsory modules Contemporary Issues 20 Coursework Introduction To Business 20 Practical Organisation Management And Delivery 1 20 Coursework Organisation Management And Delivery 2 20 Coursework Self And Stakeholder Management 20 Coursework The Practice Of Business In The Events, Food, Hospitality And Tourism Industries 20 Coursework Year 2 Compulsory modules Academic And Professional Skills 20 Coursework Aviation Law And Regulation 20 Coursework Business Analysis For The Service Sector 20 Coursework Consumer Behaviour In Aviation 20 Coursework Introduction To The Aviation Industry 20 Coursework Marketing Communications 20 Coursework Year 3 Compulsory modules Academic Research Skills 20 Coursework Airline Operations Management 20 Coursework Airline Pricing And Revenue Management 20 Coursework Airport Operations Management 20 Coursework Aviation And Environment 20 Coursework People And Organisations In Context 20 Coursework Year 4 Optional modules Placement Year - Final year Compulsory modules Airport Planning And Development 20 Coursework Aviation Consultancy Experience 40 Coursework Research Project 20 Coursework Safety And Security Management In Aviation 20 Coursework Exam Strategic Management For Airlines And Airports 20 Coursework Exam
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 or over at the point of enrolment.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Please note that the information provided on this web page relates to 2021 courses and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 or over at the point of enrolment.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent.|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.