Gain an understanding of the economic, legal, and media issues around sport. This course will prepare you for a career in sports business management. Blend your passion for sport with business management expertise and real-world leadership skills. As part of this course, you’ll:
- Examine key business areas, including marketing, finance, economics, enterprise, strategy and events management, and their relationship with sport
- Study digital analytics and gain key skills that support today's global businesses
- Learn about the increasing professionalisation of sport and investigate the requirements of governance
- Explore how the changing needs of the consumer have transformed sport into one of the most lucrative industries in the world
- Recognise and seize new and exciting opportunities in broadcasting, licensing and merchandising
- 94% of students on BA (Hons) Sport Business Management were positive about the way teaching staff explain things*
- Work placement opportunities - start building your professional networks and put your learning into practice
- Sport volunteering opportunities - which have previously included the Olympics, World Athletics Championships and Commonwealth Games
- Sandwich year option – a year of paid employment in industry which will build your skills and experience
- Annual employability fair - connect directly with employers
- Ranked 9th in the UK for hospitality, event management and tourism subject group**
Year 1 Core Modules:
- The Sport Business Landscape
- The Sport Consumer
- Introduction to Sport Marketing
- Digital Business
- Sport Finance
- Personal, Professional and Academic Development (PPAD)
- Professional Practice in the Sport Industry
- Strategic Management of Sport Business
- Managing People in Sports Organisations
- Research in Practice
- Sport Economics
- Sport Business Analytics
- Sport Governance
- Globalisation of Sport Business
- Major Independent Study
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|