In today’s digital world there are more ways than ever to reach out to consumers. Finding creative solutions to advertising challenges is a sought-after skill. It’s not only about crafting attention-grabbing images and slogans. Your campaigns need to be grounded in advertising theory. This course will ensure you have the strategic knowledge to support your creative thinking. And, with a range of options for placements and internships, you’ll be well on your way to an exciting career.r. A perfect mix You’ll explore every element of the advertising spectrum, from traditional print-based campaigns to digital media. This course blends commercial, theoretical and creative units to give you the edge when you start work. Although it’s academically challenging, the practical nature of the course means you’ll be ready to create effective campaigns in various formats and media. Learn about today’s advertising challenges and discover how to build brands. Specialise further with one of our optional units to develop the skills you need for a career you’re passionate about. Real-world skills Your lecturers are experienced advertising experts, sharing real examples to bring the theory to life. With our enviable network, we bring in some of the industry’s leading figures as guest lecturers. Test your new knowledge on units like the live client brief. Or, spend a year in industry to gain vital experience with real-life projects. Blend your creative skills with strategic awareness to create campaigns that get results. Features and Benefits
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accreditation – this course is CIM accredited and allows you to work towards a CIM qualification. We also organise special events with the CIM.
- Agency experience – go on ‘immersion day’ visits to agencies in Manchester to understand how every element of marketing works together.
- Triple accredited - our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Work with clients – work on a live client brief as part of your course. Choose to undertake an internship to fully immerse yourself in the world of creative advertising.
- Bringing lectures to life – our team are all experienced marketers. They draw on their own experiences to show you how theory relates to practice.
- International recognition – this course shares content, including core units and activities, with our MSc Marketing which is ranked in the QS World University Rankings 2022 for Masters in Marketing.
- Creative and digital hub – Manchester has one of the UK’s biggest creative and digital sectors. You’ll find inspiration everywhere, as well as plenty of employers when you graduate.
- Marketing network – hear insights, get advice and meet the experts from agencies like Seventy7, Use.Space and Wavemaker, at guest lectures and events.
- PlayStation Career Pathways Scholarship – we have a joint initiative with Sony Interactive Entertainment to provide scholarships for students from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds on creative and digital degree courses.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course