Our HND in Business has been set up to meet the demands of employers in the business sector and give you a solid grounding in business. You will be able to develop knowledge in key areas in marketing, human resource management, leadership, accounting and how these link together in a business environment. The course has a work experience module allowing you to develop practical and hands-on experience with our industry sponsors in the relevant field that you want to work in. You will gain both academic and employability skills to contribute to your personal development and enhance your career prospects. These may include:
- Problem Solving Skills i.e. critical thinking, creating solutions, using systems and digital technology
- Independent Skills i.e. reflective practice, self-management and self- development, resilience
- Interpersonal Skills i.e. leadership skills, working with others, communicating effectively, presentation skills
- Commercial Skills i.e. business sector awareness, promoting, marketing, managing and monitoring budgets
- Business Skills i.e. drawing up accounts, invoicing, awareness of legislation, presenting financial reports
- Active Research, effective writing, analytical skills, decision making, work ethics
Research Project, Organisational Behaviour, Business Strategy, Planning for Growth, Financial Management, Strategic Human Resource Management and Pitching and Negotiating Skills.
Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Business are assessed using a combination of:
- Centre-devised internal assignments that are set and assessed by centres, and
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following: • A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business/Accounting (or a related subject) • A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject; this profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as Maths and English • Other related Level 3 qualifications • An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution • Related work experience • An international equivalent of the above
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8000||Year 1|