The combination of digital and physical technologies that is driving the Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0) is changing our world. Our MSc Engineering Project Management offers the opportunity to develop management skills to implement technical strategies in projects across the engineering sector. This course explores specialist challenges to the key objectives of innovation and sustainability in the delivery of new engineering systems, products, enterprises and services for Industry 4.0. Throughout this course, you’ll develop specialist skills for the management of multidisciplinary projects along with techniques to manage the operational and developmental phases of product and system life cycles. Our teaching staff come from a range of professional backgrounds with active networks in various sectors, from manufacturing engineering and environmental industries to railways and built environments. Together, this multidisciplinary group will help you to become a rounded professional, ready to apply for engineering management roles in organisations globally. Features and Benefits:
- Professional skills – We deliver the project management principles from both the Association for Project Management (APM) UK and Project Management Institute (PMI) USA. The course content is also designed to deliver outcomes defined by The Engineering Council.
- Experienced teaching – We have more than 60 highly respected academic staff members and post-doctoral researchers working at the forefront of their field. You’ll also be supported by an experienced technical team.
- Excellent facilities – With world-class laboratories and industry-standard facilities, you’ll have access to the latest tools and equipment to help you hone your practical skills. This includes over 70 3D printers across different technologies, materials embodied energy selection and simulation software, and Fusion360 and Autodesk software suite for product and generative design.
- Additional qualifications – We will support you to undertake the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM PFQ) as an additional qualification (fees applicable).
- Learn alongside world-leading research – We are 6th in the UK for the impact of our research in Engineering and 100% of research impact is world-leading or internationally excellent (REF 2021).
- Investing in your future – We’re transforming our science and engineering campus. Opening in 2023, our multi-million redevelopment provides a professional study environment with world-class facilities so you’re well prepared to experience life within a modern industry setting when you graduate.
- Dedicated engineering studio space – Designed in collaboration with our current students, a new studio provides you with a professional environment to work individually and in groups, as well as being a great location to host Engineering events and deliver presentations to employers. The flexible space is located just above your main Engineering teaching spaces.
- Cross-sector collaboration – The Managing Projects in the Energy Sector unit is delivered in collaboration with our triple-accredited Business School. You’ll be taught alongside business students, with the opportunity to network, share knowledge and collaborate with peers across the University.
Please see our website for information on entry requirements.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building