The purpose of Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Quantity Surveying is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals who are able to meet the demands of employers in the rapidly evolving construction sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualifications also aim to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them. To provide students with the core knowledge, skills and techniques that all quantity surveyors require, irrespective of future specialism, to achieve high performance in the construction industry. To provide opportunities for students to enter, or progress in, employment within the construction or property sector, or progress to higher education qualifications, such as degrees and honours degrees in quantity surveying, or a closely related area, by balancing employability skills with academic attainment. Aims of the Course At Level 4 students develop a broad knowledge and awareness of key aspects of the construction sector through seven mandatory units, including one unit assessed by a Pearson-set assignment. The units are:
- Unit 1: Individual Project (Pearson-set)
- Unit 2: Construction Technology
- Unit 3: Construction Practice & Management
- Unit 4: Law & Legal Frameworks for Quantity Surveying
- Unit 5: Measurement & Estimating for Quantity Surveying
- Unit 6: Tender & Procurement
- Unit 7: Quantity Surveying Practice
- entering employment
- continuing existing employment
- linking with the appropriate professional body
- linking with the appropriate vendor accredited certificates [if appropriate]
- committing to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- progressing to university.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Burnley College
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£7250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£7250||Year 1|