OVERVIEW Want to top up your credits from a previous course, such as a Higher National Diploma or a foundation degree? You can join our international hospitality business management top-up programme to earn a full degree. Over one year (or two with a placement), you’ll study a wide range of topics to prepare you for an exciting career in hospitality or tourism. As well as building your knowledge of the sector and developing your business skills, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to gain practical experience. Many modules have a hands-on approach and you can choose to go on a work placement after the course to put everything you’ve learned into practice. Learn to lead Whether you’re joining us straight after your last course, or you’ve been working for a few years, a degree is the perfect way to take the next step in your career. You’ll learn the ins and outs of the industry, taught by experts with years of experience managing and advising successful businesses. Recent events have shown us just how important it is to have good leaders in this business. We’ve adapted our course to acknowledge the latest developments in hospitality – from innovative new business models to tighter control of finances. Start your career ready to succeed. Immerse yourself in the hospitality scene With our strong links to the industry, we know what employers are looking for. We’ve designed the course to give you everything you need to jump straight into work after you graduate. We’ve also adapted our course content because of the pandemic – many businesses in our sector are facing new challenges, so graduates with business acumen will be especially valuable. Of course, your dream career might start before you’ve even finished the course. Many students go on placement with local businesses – and some are offered a full-time role if one becomes available. There are plenty of opportunities to network with organisations like the Manchester Hotel Association and employers across the sector. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Surround yourself with opportunities – with guest lectures, forums, mentorships, and placements there are countless ways to network with employers.
- Explore the wider industry – our units cover a range of specialist subjects so you can personalise the course to your interests.
- Triple accreditation - study in a business school that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Supporting you in person and online - Student support initiatives including drop-in sessions, lecture recordings and dedicated support, both on and offline.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Completion of International Hospitality Diploma in HE or equivalent.
English language requirements
IELTS 6.0 (with no individual element below 5.5) or equivalent
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course