A Masters at BIMM is the next step if you want to further develop yourself academically, creatively and professionally. Why the MA in Learning and Teaching?
- Engage in critical and collaborative learning with a specific focus towards creative subjects
- Improve your educational and research literacy as well as teacher agency
- Suitable for both new and established music-based teachers
- Learning and teaching practices
- Instructional and curricular design
- Assessment and feedback practices
- Learning theory and psychology
- Creative and experiential approaches to learning
- Critical pedagogy
- Critical theory and education in society
- Coaching and mentoring
- Leading and innovating in education
- A research dissertation that discusses and explores a chosen area of academic interest or professional practice.
- An Action-Research Project where you will identify and improve upon a specific area of your own professional practice. You’ll also undertake a practicum of teaching and placement opportunities. Please note that you’ll be offered a placement opportunity if you are not currently working within education.
There are different study routes available please refer to the course description pages on the BIMM website: www.bimm.ac.uk/brighton
How to apply
We advise applicants that require a Student visa to study in the UK to contact our admissions team to discuss this course and modules in further detail.
A good degree (normally 2.2 or above) or significant professional experience in thecreative arts/industries. All applicants will be subject to interview and a portfolio may also be requested for Recognition of Prior Certified or Experiential Learning (RPCEL).
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6.5||a minimum of 6.0 must be achieved in each band. We do accept results other English Language tests, please contact us for more information|
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£5000*||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£5000*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.