**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary
- Study in state-of-the-art facilities, developing the skills you need to operate common analytical laboratory instruments.
- Learn to obtain and interpret analytical information from a variety of products.
- Apply good experimental design techniques and use statistical methods for data evaluation.
- Analyse and interpret data with industry-standard management systems.
- Understand the background of drug design and development, and the wider industry.
- lectures and seminars
- academic advice
- a programme of laboratory classes
- full semester research project
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Compulsory modules Advanced Laboratory And Research Practice Applied Laboratory Practice Biopharmaceuticals And Drug Discovery Medicinal Chemistry And Drug Discovery Research Project The Analytical Approach Elective modules Forensic Drug Analysis Innovations In Analytical Science Separation And Detection Science Surface Analysis And Related Techniques
A 2:1 in a relevant Honours degree is normally accepted as the entry requirement for the course. Applicants with a 2:2 are also actively encouraged to apply and will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants with alternative qualifications with academic attainment or skills in subjects which are directly relevant to the course will also be considered If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9910||Whole course|
|Channel Islands||£9910||Whole course|
|Northern Ireland||£9910||Whole course|