Course Overview Fire Safety Engineering prepares you for a diverse career as a fire safety engineer. Fire professionals are involved in the design of fire systems, building control and fire consultancy. Why study with us
- Our courses are taught by leading researchers in fire safety engineering and fire chemistry, as well as former fire professionals.
- This exciting programme provides both workplace and practical experience – it’s supported by the Centre for Research in Fire and Hazard Science.
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
- In year 1 study includes combustion and fire, including chemistry, energy transfer and thermodynamics, design, construction, IT and mathematics. Year 2 study includes the impact of fires on the built environment, including building construction methods and materials.
- The course provides you with both workplace and practical experience and is supported by the internationally-recognised Centre for Research in Fire and Hazard Science.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- This course is accredited by the EI on behalf of the Engineering Council, which plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet the needs of industry. The EI is a chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges, responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population.
- This course is recognised by the IFE as a Recognised Educational Programme (with academic exemption) for Member Grade (MIFireE). The IFE awards internationally recognised qualifications and membership, and plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet professional needs.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Energy Institute, The
- Building Services Engineers, Chartered Institution of
- Fire Engineers, Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
English language requirements
|with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding