University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview This course has been specifically designed for those wishing build a career in the expansive and creative field of television and film making. The emphasis of the course is on the creation of new work from early ideas to production. You will learn though practice and engage with programme design, concept and ideas development, film making, Studio production and Broadcast television. You will experience contemporary film and television within a wider media context including the artistic and ethical considerations faced as a programme and film maker. The course opens up a number of opportunities and the final year is focussed on progression to the next stage of your chosen career pathway. You will have the opportunity to embark on a number of production projects and connect with the industry for example through entering your work for the Royal Television Society Awards, which is a gala event attracting key industry professionals from the world of film and television or, should you prefer, you could progress onto a more academic career path via Masters and PhD in related subject areas. Key features
- Learning through practice
- Learning through a range of different disciplines
- Industry focused but also dedicated to developing transferable skills
- Excellence in teaching using interactive and engaging methods with academic tutoring to support your personal and professional development as a reflective student
- Modules that encourage entry into the Royal Television Society (RTS) Awards
- The opportunity to engage in ‘real world’ assignments like outside sports broadcasting
- The opportunity to study with both academics and industry professionals
- A grounding in and knowledge of the contemporary British film and television industry
- Opportunity to study abroad
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page