OVERVIEW Non-surgical and non-invasive aesthetic treatments are on the rise in the UK, putting demand for qualified practitioners at an all-time high. Our Aesthetic Practitioner top-up degree course builds on your existing knowledge and skills for practising a wide range of non-medical procedures, offering you a gateway to a range of reputable and lucrative careers in this rapidly expanding sector. Designed for anyone who has previously studied a relevant subject (up to Level 5) or with substantial industry experience, this aesthetics top-up course will help you further develop the specialist knowledge and skills needed for a variety of industry roles. The course covers a range of non-medical procedures within cosmetology, hair removal and skin rejuvenation, as well as advanced electrical face and body technologies. Working with real clients in our state-of-the-art Aspire Aesthetics clinic at University College Birmingham, you will gain valuable hands-on experience using the latest equipment, procedures and techniques. You will also have the opportunity to visit the Mesoestetic production facility in Spain, as well as the chance to engage with industry experts. WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Practical application – Gain experience and expertise by participating in clinic sessions, case studies, practical workshops and demonstrations
- Industry links – We work closely with leading brands including Lynton, Mesoestetic, Neostrata, Skinade, E Clinic, Canfield VISIA and Observ to ensure our course content is up-to-date with industry
- Residential visit – Learn first-hand about the industry, for example on a visit to the Mesoestetic production facility in Barcelona, Spain
- Enrichment – Explore the industry and meet with experts through events and visits from guest speakers
- Expert tuition – Learn from our diverse team with an extensive range of qualifications, expertise and specialisms in aesthetics and associated industries
- Aesthetic practitioner
- Laser and skin practitioner
- Aesthetic clinic manager
- Skincare consultant
- Business development manager
- Area sales manager
- Please refer to our website www.ucb.ac.uk for the latest updates to this course
- Aesthetic Identity
- Applied Aesthetics
- Regenerative Aesthetics
Note: Indicative information only. Actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued at your induction. Please be aware that methods of delivery for this course may be altered due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic – for the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website: www.ucb.ac.uk TEACHING Example of a typical teaching week (up to 16 contact hours):
- Large group teaching – 4-6 hours
- Smaller group teaching – 2-3 hours
- Hands-on learning in the clinic – 4-6 hours
- Tutorials – 2-3 hours
- Coursework – 50%
- Practical assessment – 50%
How to apply
To apply for this course you will be taken to the provider's website, where you can find out more information and make an application.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 3
All non-EU international students can apply directly via our online application forms: https://portal.ucb.ac.uk/#/admissions/direct-application/intro Undergraduate applicants can also apply via UCAS, if they wish to apply to more than one university. The International Admissions team aim to respond to any new application made directly via the online application form within 5 working days of receipt. However, this can vary during peak application periods (particularly January-March) or if the team require additional information to process your application. Applicants who apply to transfer to University College Birmingham on to a second year or final year of a course will have their previous course matched for entry. Each application is considered individually and careful consideration is given to all information on your application form. We may also need to contact you regarding your immigration status or previous studies in the UK.
There are no qualification requirements for this course.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University College Birmingham