Overview Our degree in accounting and finance aims to build your skills portfolio for a rewarding career in the field of accountancy or finance. You'll actively engage with employers and the leading professional bodies during your time at the University, as you position yourself to enter this highly influential sector. With its strong focus on contemporary issues (such as globalisation, governance and business sustainability), this degree will show you're a highly analytical, numerate and commercially-driven graduate. You'll also be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills that employers value, and have the opportunity to gain 'real world' experience through the optional placement year. Key features
- 100% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2020
- 92% of graduates are in work or further study 15 months after completing the course
- Gain exemptions from professional exams, plus Associate Membership of the IFA and Chartered Management Institute
- Enhance your employability in a one-year paid placement, internships, consultancy projects and company visits
- Compete for the Hereford & Worcester Chamber of Commerce prize for 'Outstanding Performance in Accountancy & Finance', the Bishop Fleming Award for ‘Excellence in Financial Reporting’ and the Haines Watts ‘Audit Excellence Award’
- Experience international cultures through opportunities to work and study abroad
- 20th for student experience and 23rd for teaching quality in the 2022 Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 3 in the UK for Quality Education in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.