With extensive links to well-known automotive companies like Jaguar Land Rover and Lotus, Coventry University has a long and prestigious automotive, transport and engineering heritage. You will benefit from our advanced facilities, reputation for teaching excellence in the engineering field and our strong links with local industry, which help to ensure our course reflects current thinking, the latest technologies, design systems and testing processes. Our suite of ‘Mechanical Engineering’ courses has been ranked 3rd in the UK by the Guardian University Guide 2019. You will be taught by academics with wide ranging experience in the automotive fields, who are actively involved in commercial and academic research, further enrichening your learning and enhancing your understanding of the challenges facing engineers today. Our Centre for Mobility and Transportation is conducting a range of exciting projects, looking at areas such as cybersecurity, vehicle dynamics, light weighting, advanced simulation, future concepts and crash protection. You will work with staff on real-world problems from industry, commerce and research groups, as you would in professional practice; this means that you can develop professional skills at the same time as you learn the technical content of your degree. Key Course Benefits
- Opportunity to participate in field trips which have included observing crash tests at the GM Milford site and a tour of the Ford F150 factory in Detroit, USA.
- Study in our £50m Engineering and Computing building, which features sustainable technologies including rainwater harvesting, solar thermal energy and biomass boilers.
- On and off site access to commercial engineering software, such as 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics and Multibody Systems for design and simulation, as well as training in industry standard Catia, HyperWorks, STAR-CCM+, SIMPACK software.
- Access to extensive facilities in our High Performance Engineering Centre, which houses a 20% scale model wind tunnel (designed and built by the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team), composites lab, metrology lab, four-pot shaker rig, flow lab, AVL engine test cell, automotive workshop, fatigue and tensile testing (Instron), a full size Harrier Jet, three further simulators, civil engineering specialist testing equipment, a range of CNC machinery and a laser workshop.
Our main study themes are:
- Design: The innovative resolution of design problems focused on commercially viable solutions.
- Analysis: You will learn to use industry standard software to model, analyse and validate vehicle behaviour, components and systems.
- Management: The application of principles and practices utilised to assure effective business operation.
- Sustainability: An ethical approach to work by protecting the best interests of life and the environment.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Mechanical Engineers, Institution of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma / BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152