This course is focused on preparing you for your future career in marketing with an emphasis on providing you with the skills, knowledge and experience to make a real impact in your career. We do this by providing an engaging learning experience that blends the latest research with the opportunity to apply it to real life business challenges. Our tutors bring with them a wealth of industry experience and classroom sessions are enhanced through the use of guest speakers ensuring that all learning is relevant to today’s challenges. For all organisations marketing is an increasingly important function. Whether it’s a charity seeking to raise funds, a business looking for new customers or a brand expanding into new international markets, marketing lies at the heart of these activities. The marketing challenges of the future encompass the rise of technology, global competition, fast changing consumer trends and managing the entire customer experience whether that’s in-store or on social media. In this increasingly complex environment the demand for skilled marketers is increasing as is the presence of marketers on the executive board of major organisations. As a student on the BSc Marketing course, you will also have the opportunity to join the wider study trip to New York. The New York trip will give you the chance to network and go behind-the-scenes with advertising and marketing professionals at a range of different businesses. These usually include fashion brands, advertising agencies and financial institutions. There is also the option to complete a year’s work placement to prepare you for your future career. By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:
- You will experience student life at the University’s £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop** to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Our expert academics teach in small groups supported with one to one assistance. Our academics and students form a tight bond, providing individualised support and guidance whilst challenging students academically.
- We invest more money into your education than 90% of Universities in the UK***
- Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that if you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
STAGE 1 • Foundations of Marketing (Compulsory) • Introduction to Marketing Communications (Compulsory) • Understanding Consumers (Compulsory) • Professional Skills for Marketing Practice (Compulsory) • Digital Marketing Essentials (Compulsory) • Foundations of Advertising Media (Compulsory) STAGE 2 • Tactical & Strategic Marketing (Compulsory) • Marketing Research and Insight (Compulsory) • The Customer Experience (Compulsory) • E-Marketing (Compulsory) • International Market Tactics (Designated) • Brand Management (Designated) • Public Relations Management and Practice (Designated) • Integrated Marketing Communications (Designated) • The Consumer Entrepreneur (Designated) • Insight and Analytics (Designated) OPTIONAL PLACEMENT YEAR • The Placement Year Experience: Organisations in Context STAGE 3 • Marketing Dissertation (Designated) • Research Project (Designated) • Strategic Marketing Management (Compulsory) • Consumerism and Sustainability (Compulsory) • Global Marketing Consultancy (Compulsory) • Campaign Planning (Designated) • Business-to-Business (B2B) Marketing (Designated) • Content Creation for Marketing (Designated) • Entrepreneurial Marketing (Designated) • Digital Entrepreneurship (Designated) • Luxury Brand Management (Designated) • Business Challenge Project (Designated) Module information is quoted for 22/23 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly.
A variety of individual and group-based assessments are used including written reports, presentations, portfolios, projects, client briefs, multiple choice tests and examinations.
How to apply
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
Republic of Ireland
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Northampton
The University of Northampton
Clearing contact details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0300 303 2772