Overview In today's world of multimedia communication, animators and screenwriters work together in a wide variety of contexts. Studying Animation and Screenwriting as joint honours is full of possibility. It could lead to an innovative, interdisciplinary final year project that draws all your interests together. Both subject areas nurture your creative development alongside craft and digital skills that are highly prized by 21st century employers. Animation and Screenwriting are led and taught by experienced animators and illustrators, industry practitioners and academics. Student performance is assessed entirely by course work. If your creative interests span working in moving image and other media context, studying these courses in combination could be right for you. This course is also a good match if your curiosity is fired by the creative possibilities of 21st century communication. Key features
- A cohesive joint study programme
- Live projects integrated into year-long modules of study
- Innovative approach, with modules on craft and voice, creativity and collaboration and professionalism and employment
- On-campus access to industry-standard software and motion capture facilities
- Programme of guest lectures and events
- Focus on developing craft capability, industry awareness, production experience and employer engagement
- 20th for student experience and 23rd for teaching quality in the 2022 Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 3 in the UK for Quality Education in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page