University College Birmingham has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Course snapshot This course is accredited by University of Birmingham, one of the world’s leading academic institutions, and is backed by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Developed in close partnership with industry experts, it will give you the business knowledge and work experience required to advance in management positions throughout the enterprising service sector or set up your own business. Who’s the course for? Business Enterprise is a great fit for students who would like to understand more about essential business and management skills including analysis, communication, decision-making and planning. You will also study the full range of business functions from research to marketing, and human resources to law. We encourage students to choose from a wide range of module options (everything from financial strategy to advertising) so they can develop specialisms. Entrepreneurial flair is encouraged. Why should I study the course?
- You will receive a professional Award in Leadership and Management from the CMI.
- Additionally, the course is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), a recognised professional management body. If you successfully complete the Business Enterprise Foundation Degree or BA (Hons) Degree, you will also be eligible for a Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management from the CMI. You also gain CMI membership for the duration of your course which allows you access to a wide range of additional CMI learning resources to further support your studies. more information can be found here.
- After completing the second year of this course, you will be given the opportunity to take a 48 week optional placement, overseas or in the UK.
- You will develop your essential business and management skills so you can identify and respond to any type of business opportunity.
- Business development
- Product development
- Business enterprise
- Sales and marketing
- Small business consultation
- The External Business Environment
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Marketing Dynamics
- People and Organisations
- Planning for Professional Development
- Principles of Communication
- Principles of Finance
- Employability in Practice
- Enterprise Start-up Studies
- Finance for Enterprises
- Leading People
- Research for Enterprise
- Web Design
- Creative Communications
- Operational Sales Management
- Business Innovation and the Environment
- Advertising Psychology
Teaching Teaching is carried out by appropriately qualified and experienced lecturers and in a typical week you will have up to 14 contact hours of teaching made up as follows:
- Large group teaching - 5 hours of lectures in lecture rooms
- Smaller group teaching - 7 hours of teaching in smaller groups discussing topics relevant to the modules. This will also include computer-based activities
- Tutorials - 2 hours of tutorials (involving personal, group and academic sessions each week)
- Coursework - 70%
- Practical assessment - 22%
- Written examinations - 8%
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||56 points||Level 3 qualifications are accepted at UCB for entrance, a minimum of 96 UCAS Tariff points will be required. If you are unsure if your qualification is accepted call us on 0121 604 1040 or email [email protected]|
|A level||CD||UCB will accept A Level in General Studies for this course and will also take into consideration applicants who are studying an extended project.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||PPP||This can be achieved from either an Extended Diploma or a combination of smaller BTEC qualifications.|
|Access to HE Diploma||You will need a minimum of 56 UCAS Tariff points|
|Scottish Higher||You will need a minimum of 56 UCAS Tariff points|
Non-tariff: Non-UCAS Tariff based Level 3 qualifications are also considered for entry please contact [email protected] to check your eligibility. Work-based: We also give equal consideration to applicants who are currently in work and wish to apply to UCB. To apply, you must have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience, demonstrating management or supervisory duties. Your application must also include a reference from your line manager supporting your entry to higher education. For further details please contact Admissions. Students who are studying a mixture of qualifications will receive an offer that will be inclusive of all Level 3 qualifications.
English language requirements
|Cambridge English Advanced||Level B2||BA/BSc - Minimum 170 with no less than 160 in any skill FdA/FdSc - Minimum 160 with no less than 150 in any skill|
|IELTS (Academic)||BA/BSc - Overall score of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in each component FdA/FdSc - Overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5.0 in each component|
|Institution's Own Test||BA/BSc - Overall score of B2 with no less than B2- in in each component FdA/FdSc - Overall score of B2- with no less than B1+ in in each component|
To apply for all undergraduate degrees, if your first language is not English, you will need to sit an approved test in English.
UCB English Language Requirements
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University College Birmingham
Clearing contact detailsApply Direct to UCB
0121 604 1040
Haven’t secured a place at university? Don’t panic! You can apply for a place at UCB through the clearing process, which opens every year in July. Not familiar with the clearing process? Here, you will find everything you need to know to get the ball rolling and secure your place at UCB. Our team of dedicated clearing advisors have your very best interests at heart and will guide you through every aspect of your application. Simply call us on 0121 604 1040 and we’ll get you started on your journey.
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UG Domestic Home and EU Admissions
0121 604 1040
0121 232 4447