OVERVIEW Standing out in the competitive modern business world demands a creative spark. Businesses need individuals who not only have the core knowledge and skills for the industry, but also the entrepreneurial spirit and ability to innovate – qualities that are all the more important for those who dream of setting up their own business. Whether you want to advance in management positions or start your own company, our Business Enterprise foundation degree will give you the tools you need to succeed. Developed in close partnership with industry experts, our course will enhance your understanding of core business functions and activities, and how they work together in today’s global digital environment. You will also have the option of gaining extensive industry experience on a 48-week paid placement, with opportunities throughout the UK and around the world. This business course is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), a recognised professional management body. This means when you complete the course, you will also receive an industry-recognised Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management from the CMI, boosting your attractiveness to potential employers at no additional cost. WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- Industry approved – Complete our CMI-accredited business enterprise course and receive a Level 5 award in Leadership, with CMI membership and access to learning resources throughout your foundation degree
- Work placement – Boost your work-ready skills with an optional 48-week paid placement, with our past students having worked for BMW and trading companies
- Specialise your studies – From Website Design to Advertising Psychology, tailor your course to match your career aims through our optional modules
- Enrichment – Learn from the experts through real-world simulations, workshops and guest lectures as well as working in our Financial Trading Suite and Digital Creative Studio
- Business owner
- Business development manager
- Management consultant
- Product manager
- Business adviser
- Sales executive
- Please refer to our website www.ucb.ac.uk for the latest updates to this course
- The External Business Environment
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Marketing Dynamics
- People and Organisations
- Planning for Professional Development
- Principles of Communication
- Principles of Finance
- Employability in Practice
- Enterprise Start-up Studies
- Finance for Enterprises
- Leading People
- Research for Enterprise
- Voluntary Initiative
- Website Design
- Creative Communications
- Operational Sales Management
- Business Innovation and the Environment
- Advertising Psychology
Note: Indicative information only. Actual timetables and assessment regimes will be issued at your induction. Please be aware that methods of delivery for this course may be altered due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic – for the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website: www.ucb.ac.uk ASSESSMENT Estimated breakdown of assessment for this degree course:
- Coursework – 70%
- Practical assessment – 22%
- Written examinations – 8%
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Non-tariff: Non-UCAS Tariff based Level 3 qualifications are also considered for entry please contact [email protected] to check your eligibility. Work-based: We also give equal consideration to applicants who are currently in work and wish to apply to UCB. To apply, you must have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience, demonstrating management or supervisory duties. Your application must also include a reference from your line manager supporting your entry to higher education. For further details please contact Admissions. Students who are studying a mixture of qualifications will receive an offer that will be inclusive of all Level 3 qualifications.
English language requirements
|Cambridge English Advanced||Level B2||BA/BSc - Minimum 170 with no less than 160 in any skill FdA/FdSc - Minimum 160 with no less than 150 in any skill|
|IELTS (Academic)||BA/BSc - Overall score of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in each component FdA/FdSc - Overall score of 5.5 with no less than 5.0 in each component|
|Institution's Own Test||BA/BSc - Overall score of B2 with no less than B2- in in each component FdA/FdSc - Overall score of B2- with no less than B1+ in in each component|
To apply for all undergraduate degrees, if your first language is not English, you will need to sit an approved test in English.
UCB English Language Requirements
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University College Birmingham