Explore the ancient world on our most flexible Classical Studies degree. On the Classical Studies BA, you can investigate all aspects of Greece and Rome, with further modules offered on the Near East, Byzantium, and modern Greece. You may also explore the influence of Greece and Rome on later history and culture, including the contemporary world. With no required modules, this is our most flexible degree – allowing you to shape your pathway based on your own areas of interest. Key benefits
- Top five for Classics in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2018). Our Department is renowned for its quality of teaching, student experience and cutting-edge research.
- King's Department of Classics is one of the largest in the UK, with unique coverage from the Bronze Age to Modern Greece.
- Collaborations with the British Museum and other cultural institutions, which are incorporated into undergraduate teaching.
- Our degree course combines focus and flexibility, allowing you to pursue your interests.
- You will acquire analytical and presentational skills valued by employers, leading to careers in heritage-related professions, the media, education, civil service and the performing arts.
- The possibility to transfer to the Classics (Greek & Latin) BA in Year 2, provided that in Year 1 you took Greek & Latin Literature: An Introduction (30 credits) and a Greek or Latin language module (30 credits) in which you did well.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Preferred subjects: Classical Civilisation, Ancient History or History
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|