OVERVIEW This course is designed to prepare you for studying our BA (Hons) Business Management degree. Business careers offer limitless possibilities. Whether you’ve got ambitions of holding high-profile roles or setting up your own company, we'll help you gain the right skills to get you started. It will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to study for the full honours degree, even if you don’t currently meet the academic requirements. You'll develop your study skills including academic writing and personal and professional development to start you off in the best possible way for your degree. You will learn more about business in a global and national context, and approaches to leading and managing in organisations. The foundation year also gives you the ability to develop your analytical skills and learn how to incorporate data to add real value to achieve organisational objectives. Once you’ve passed, you’ll be ready to start your degree course. That means your degree will take four years, or five years if it includes a work placement or year studying abroad. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Funding support - you can apply for student finance (eg tuition fee loan, student loan and student maintenance grant) in the same way as other students.
- Triple accredited - our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Adapt to life at university - develop your study skills and get to know your campus and lecturers during your foundation year.
- Centre of Excellence - we are accredited by the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs for our leading-edge practices which place us at the forefront of enterprise learning.
- Enhance your employability - through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Supporting you in person and online - student support initiatives including drop-in sessions, lecture recordings and dedicated support, both on and offline.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
GCSE grade D/3 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade D/3 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69