University of Liverpool has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Our Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences offers students a flexible and exciting way to study through its innovative Honours Select degree programme. Honours Select gives you the opportunity to design a degree that’s tailored to suit your specific interests, academic strengths and career aspirations. You can choose to study one or two subjects from a wide selection of more than 30, and decide for yourself how much weight each subject has. This Joint (50:50) programme combines English Literature and Classics in equal measures. Most Honours Select combinations allow you to adapt the weighting of each by 25% after the first year, helping you to keep your options open. Please note, however, students studying either a Business or Economics pathway in combination with another subject cannot increase from 25% to 50% or from 50% to 75% and it is not possible to transfer from a 50% to 75% Law. To find out more about your programme choice, please go first to our Honours Select webpages: www.liverpool.ac.uk/honours-select. This programme is available with a Year in China. The Year in Chinese allows undergraduate students the opportunity to spend one year at our joint venture, Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU), following XJTLU's BA China Studies degree classes. XJTLU is a fully English-speaking university, located in Suzhou. If you wish to study this programme with a Year in China please put the option code YC in the Further Choices section of your UCAS application form.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2019.
If you already have a 2019 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice in Track – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
|A level||ABB||A level English (Language, Literature or Language and Literature) at grade A|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||Applications considered. BTEC in a humanities-related subject plus A level English at grade A required.|
|Access to HE Diploma||D: 30 credits M: 15 credits||45 Level 3 credits in graded units in a relevant Diploma, including 30 at Distinction (including all English credits) and a further 15 with at least Merit. Relevant Diploma is Humanities/Social Sciences based.|
|Scottish Higher||AABBB||Scottish Highers at AABBB to include Scottish Advanced Higher in English at grade A|
|Scottish Advanced Higher||ABB||Including English at grade A|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme||33 points||33 including 6 in Higher Level English|
|Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)||B||Accepted including 2 A levels at AB with A in English.|
|Extended Project||A||Applicants who offer the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) and meet our offer criteria will be made the standard offer, plus an alternative offer. This will be at one A Level grade lower plus a grade A in the EPQ, for example the offer would be ABB or ABC plus A in the EPQ, including grade A in English. Please note that Humanities and Social Sciences Honours Select programmes which have a Management, Law or Sociology component will not accept the EPQ.|
|Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)||H1, H2, H2, H2, H3, H3||including H1 in English|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|