This Masters in Financial Technology programme addresses the knowledge gap created by the pace of technological transformation in financial services and markets; it has been designed to meet the latest employment needs in the FinTech industry. Experts working in the sector have helped shape the programme to ensure it is relevant and up-to-date. The degree is taught at our Salford campus close to Manchester city centre. The course is multidisciplinary, using industry-specific business cases from our contacts in the FinTech sector to blend the relevant hard and soft knowledge and skills. While the programme focuses on the technical innovations in finance, you will also gain insight into how marketing, regulation, economic policy and financial governance contribute to your essential knowledge. Greater Manchester is an ideal place for you to study Financial Technology; as the Northern FinTech Capital, the region has strengths across FinTech sub-sectors, including data analytics, cyber security etc. FinTech companies form an integral part of the supply chain to a number of financial services companies and many banks and financial services firms have FinTech departments based in Manchester, drawing on local expertise and supply chains. With constant investment in the FinTech future, these companies offer you access to wide range of live projects, networking and, ultimately, employment opportunities. You will:
- Work on an industry-briefed project addressing gaps arising from the fast growth of technological transformation in financial services and markets
- Learn the latest market trends and needs around risk, insight, creation and how technology better serves FinTech companies
- Look at developments including blockchain, cryptocurrency, crowdfunding, regtech, insurtech, fintech lending and crime detection
- Gain the expertise to develop disruptive FinTech innovations
- Consider how digital innovation helps make financial services more inclusive, accessible, streamlined and better aligned with consumer values
- Learn a range of established Big Data and analytics techniques to critically analyse information and propose solutions
How to apply
Join over 20,000 students currently studying on our campuses. We have students from over 130 different countries who call Salford home. Find out more at www.salford.ac.uk/international. International students should apply for the MSc route.
This course is perfect if you are looking for a master’s level of FinTech program to enhance your understanding of how technology reshapes the financial industry, creates revenue, strengthens security and adds value. The programme is designed for graduates with an academic background in financial management accounting, economics, computer science, management or business studies. Alternatively, sufficient and suitable work experience will also be considered. The MSc is the only route available for international students.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
High-achieving international applicants to Salford Business School postgraduate master’s programme may be eligible for the Salford Business School Postgraduate International Excellence Scholarship or the Salford Business School Silver Award.
University of Salford
Course contact details
0161 295 4545