If you’d like an exciting career in the fast-paced world of journalism then this is the course for you. Develop the skills needed to work in a multi-disciplinary media environment including TV, radio, print and online journalism. Why study BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism at BU?
- Produce news broadcasts in our professional TV studios, design magazines, film TV news packages and interview members of the public as well as guests on live radio
- Take part in authentic news day activities in the community to reflect real industry practice and publish news and features across our student platforms
- Learn from experienced professionals and successful alumni. Previous speakers include Jon Snow (Channel 4), Jake Wallis Simons (Daily Mail Online), and Stephen Sackur (BBC HARDTalk)
- Take advantage of BU’s partnership with AFC Bournemouth to cover home games, attend pre-match conferences and conduct interviews at Vitality Stadium
- Make invaluable industry connections during a 30-week work placement with organisations such as national and regional media, the BCC and Sky Sports.
- Bournemouth University is ranked in the top 20 universities for Journalism in the Guardian University Guide 2023 and 90% of our graduates are employed or in further study within 15 months after finishing their studies. (source DiscoverUni 2023).
- You’ll graduate with a degree accredited by three industry-recognised bodies – the National Council for Training of Journalists (NCTJ), the Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC) and the Professional Publisher’s Association.
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic & Professional Practice | Collaborative Communication Project | Media & Current Debates | Media Work As part of the Degree, in Year 1 you will study Broadcast Journalism | News and Storytelling | Journalism & Society | Research for Journalism | Media Law | Digital Storytelling | Shorthand
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|