Birkbeck’s BSc Management is ideal if you are aspiring to become a team leader or join senior management within the area in which you work. It will equip you with the skills required to flourish within the rapidly changing environment in which organisations operate and compete and become a confident manager or business practitioner. You will gain an insight into a broad range of management issues in key areas such as:
- strategic management
- project and operations management
- human resource management
- managerial economics.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource, where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
- Our BSc Management is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). As a graduate of this course, you may also be eligible to receive a Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership, if you successfully complete the following modules: Research Methods in Management and Research Project: Management.
- chartered management accountant
- human resources officer
- management consultant
- risk manager.
For information about course structure and the modules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
Unseen formal examinations, short tests, individual or group presentations and written essays.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Chartered Management Institute
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests. We also accept other English language tests.
We welcome applicants without traditional entry qualifications as we base decisions on our own assessment of qualifications, knowledge and previous work experience. We may waive formal entry requirements based on judgement of academic potential.
Additional entry requirements
Institutions Own Test (IOT)
Applicants who do not have grade C or grade 4 GCSE-level English and mathematics may be required to carry out a skills audit at a selection evening, which comprises English and mathematics. This audit assesses an applicant’s potential to cope with, and benefit from, a particular programme of study.
English language requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Birkbeck, University of London
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Birkbeck Student Advice Service
0203 907 0700