University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview In the Counselling FdSc, we focus on the Person-Centred counselling model. Throughout the programme, you will develop the skills and personal awareness needed to foster a lasting therapeutic relationship. You'll learn through experience and communicating the core conditions of the Person-Centred Approach: empathy, congruence and unconditional positive regard. This foundation degree will equip you with everything you need to practice as a counsellor in a number of settings. This course is an ideal opportunity for those who would like to enhance their current role with qualified counsellor status. You'll also have the opportunity to progress onto our one year Integrative Counselling BA top-up degree. Key features
- Flexible locations: this programme is delivered by Herefordshire and Ludlow College.
- Close collaboration with counselling agencies and employers leading to excellent placement opportunities.
- Meets the core competencies of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Opportunities to progress to further study with a one year top-up degree.
- Flexible progression to employment in a range of settings, from education and the NHS to agencies addressing specific issues like bereavement or alcohol abuse.
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Herefordshire and Ludlow College Hereford Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page