Why this course?
- Benefit from a range of partner organisations, completing authentic assessments and tasks relevant to real life.
- 6 week micro-placement with a sports organisation of your choice, with the optionto extend this to a full year placement .
- Students have the option to complete a semester long American exchange
- Silver in the 2023 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) for delivering high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for our students.
- Students of this degree course will benefit from Roehampton's partnerships with a range of prestigious sports organisations such as Crystal Palace FC, Fulham FC, The Lawn Tennis Association, Hercules Wimbledon Athletics Club, schools and coaching agencies.
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance
- Research and Debates in Sport
- Consumers of Sport
- The Sports Environment
- Introduction to Sports Management
- Principles of Sports Marketing
- A theoretical, analytical and practical understanding of the principles that underpin the sports management sector
- The capability of working in interdisciplinary environments
- Business, management and marketing skills to be applied in various and dynamic sport-related contexts.
- Management and development of sport.
- Management of health, fitness and sport centres.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Certain modules with placements may require an enhanced DBS check
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with a minimum of 5.5 in each band|
|TOEFL (iBT)||80||with the following minimum scores: Reading: 18 Writing: 17 Listening: 17 Speaking: 20|
|PTE Academic||59||with no less than 59 in any band|
|Cambridge English Advanced||C||grade C in tests prior to 2015 with no less than 'weak' in any band|
We may accept other high school English qualifications if you are applying for an undergraduate degree. Please contact us at [email protected] to clarify.
English Language requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|