University Centre Rotherham has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
About this Course: This one year course is aimed at those who are not currently working within a teaching environment. It will help you to develop your teaching skills, reflect on current ideas about education and training, and to creatively explore the professional opportunities open to you. Validated by the University of Hull, a high percentage of the course is focused on practical teaching. You will gain experience of learning and teaching alongside other teachers, with support from your tutors. Rotherham College has an experienced teaching team with a good reputation for ensuring you receive a quality teaching and learning experience. You will also receive support from our learning Centre staff in relation to academic and research skills, and have access to current software and a range of ICT resources. This programme is designed as a pre-service training for those who are not currently working within a teaching environment. Modules Covered:
- Principles and Practice in Post-compulsory Education
- Practical Teaching and Learning
- Exploring Specialist Teaching
- Advanced Professional Practice in Context
- Upon successful completion of this course you could go into employment as a college lecturer or teacher, curriculum team leader or a teacher in learning development.
- Level 3 certificate in your subject specialism (or substantial experience)
- A current, valid and clean DBS
- Competence at Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy (e.g. GCSE, functional skills)
- A mentor suitably experienced in teaching your subject specialism
- Preparation to undertake a minimum of 100 hours teaching experience
This course includes the following units of study: •Principles and practice in post-compulsory education •Practical teaching and learning •Exploring specialist teaching •Advanced professional practice in context Assessment is completed using a variety of methods including observations, assignments, presentations and a portfolio of evidence.
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- University Centre Rotherham (UCR)
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
•A Level 3 certificate in your subject specialism (or substantial experience) •A current, valid and clean DBS •Competence at Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy (e.g. GCSE, Functional Skills) •A mentor suitably experienced in teaching your subject specialism •Preparation to undertake a minimum of 100 hours teaching experience
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6900||Year 1|