Why Digital Marketing? Digital, mobile and social media are changing the world and this course gives you the chance to be at the forefront of these exciting developments. Our Digital Marketing degree is designedto give you expert knowledge in relation to data analytics, alongside practical skills to manage and implement marketing campaigns via digital, mobile and social media. This course prepares you with the requisite knowledge, skills and experience to create, analyse and manage data driven initiatives as well as associated business processes to facilitate decision making. You’ll gain an Institute of Data and Marketing (IDM) accredited degree and the chance to apply for a placement working for well-known companies such as Huddersfield Town, The Baby Room and Freeman Gratton Holdings. How will you learn? You’ll learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- The digital marketing course is designed to develop your professional skills in terms of data analytics, alongside practical skills to manage and implement marketing campaigns through digital channels.
- At Huddersfield we always aim to innovate. Innovation is at the heart of the Digital and Social Media Marketing course. By keeping things fresh and up-to-the-minute, the course is designed to give you the opportunity to get a great head start in a marketing career.
- You could find out how social media can be used as a marketing platform by businesses worldwide. You could also explore new technologies like augmented reality and artificial intelligence and learn how to manage and implement digital marketing campaigns.
- In your third year you have the option of going on placement working for an organisation and gaining an opportunity to apply and develop your professional skills.
Year 1 Core modules: Aspire 1 Digital Marketing in the Contemporary World Principles of Marketing Understanding Business Analytics Creative Marketing Communications Understanding Global Dynamics Year 2 Core modules: Aspire 2 Social Media Marketing Consumers and Consumption Data Visualisation Developing Creative Marketing Content Business Research Skills Year 3 - optional placement year Final year Core modules: Aspire 3 Creative Consultancy Project Data Analytics and Creating Value Option modules: Choose either: Management Dissertation Or, Choose two from a list which may include: Global Events and Festivals International Marketing Marketing for Small Business
Study and assessments will be based on your choice of modules. Your module specification/course handbook will provide full details of the assessment criteria applying to your course.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Institute of Data and Marketing
- Chartered Institute of Marketing
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages - https://www.hud.ac.uk/international/where-are-you-from/ Other suitable experience or qualifications will be considered. For further information please see the University's minimum entry requirements.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Huddersfield
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Huddersfield Business School - Admissions
+44 (0)1484 472956
Student Recruitment Team
+44 (0)1484 472625