The Integrated Foundation Year offers a new and exciting route into studying for a degree, attracting ambitious and driven students who are willing to learn and advance. If you have non-standard qualifications or do not quite meet the admissions requirements for International Tourism Management we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to study a four year International Tourism Management programme which includes a Integrated Foundation Year. The Integrated Foundation Year will help you develop the theoretical/practical and academic skills you need, in order to successfully progress to the full award. Featuring a reduced tuition fee in the first year, our four-year courses will enable you to successfully follow the degree pathway of your choice while gaining essential study skills. The foundation year of your chosen degree will be studied on a full-time basis and is aimed at supporting the transition to higher education. Years two, three and four are then studied as a standard degree programme. By studying at the University of Northampton, you can be sure that:
- You will experience student life at the University’s £330 million Waterside Campus. Come along to an Open Day and find out more.
- At UON we guarantee a room in our Halls of Residence for all new full-time, first year students who apply and accept their room offer by June 2024 - and we won't ask for a deposit for September 2024*.
- Students enrolling on this course at Northampton will be provided with their own brand new laptop** to keep at no additional cost. All sports clubs and societies are free to join at Northampton and every essential course text book is available via the library, meaning you won’t have to purchase copies. For more information on this visit our website (northampton.ac.uk/benefits).
- Our expert academics teach in small groups supported with one to one assistance. Our academics and students form a tight bond, providing individualised support and guidance whilst challenging students academically.
- Whatever your ambitions, we’re here to help you to achieve them. We’ll support you to identify the skills you’re learning during your course, find your strengths and secure practical experience so that when it comes to applying for jobs or further study you’ll feel confident in standing out from the crowd.
- In fact, we’re so confident in our careers and employability support that if you achieve at least a 2:2 degree and complete either our Employability Plus Gold programme or achieve a Changemaker Gold Certificate during your time studying with us, but still haven’t secured full-time employment 12 months after graduating, we will secure a three – six month paid internship for you or support you into postgraduate study.
INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR: Stage One A • Transition to University – Learning to Learn (Compulsory) • Investigating Your Subject (Compulsory) • Foundation in Business, Marketing and Management (Compulsory) • Negotiated Learning Project (Compulsory)• Stage One B STAGE 1 • International Tourism: Concepts and Trends (Compulsory) • Tourism Impacts and Sustainability (Compulsory) • Professional Development for Tourism and Events (Compulsory) • Service Industry Decision Making (Compulsory) • Entrepreneurship for Tourism and Events (Compulsory) • Events and Tourism in the Media (Compulsory) • Market Intelligence for Events and Tourism (Compulsory) STAGE 2 • Responsible Tourism (Compulsory) • Tourism Management and Development (Compulsory) • Managing Visitor Attractions (Compulsory) • International Resort and Spa Management (Compulsory) • Career Launchpad for Events, Tourism and Hospitality (Compulsory) • Understanding the Tourist (Compulsory) • Championing Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Wellbeing in Event, Tourism & Hospitality (Compulsory) • Events and Tourism Research (Designated) • Learning Through Work (WBL) (Designated) • Development Through Work (WBL) (Designated) OPTIONAL PLACEMENT YEAR • The Placement Year Experience: Organisations in Context (Compulsory) STAGE 3 • Research Project (Compulsory) • Professional Consultancy Project (Compulsory) • International Destination Management (Compulsory) • Building Your Personal Brand (Compulsory) • Innovation in Tourism & Hospitality Management (Designated) • Service Excellence Design (Designated) • Mega Event Legacies (Designated) • Urban Heritage and Culture (Designated) Module information is quoted for 23/24 entry. Please note that modules run subject to student numbers and staff availability, any changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly. 24/25 entry modules will be released in June 2024.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course