What makes an Integrated Masters in Biochemistry at Worcester special? The mechanics of life: discover the molecular machinery that lies at the heart of the cell and drives all living organisms. At Worcester, we look at the fascinating world of biochemistry from a variety of angles. The core of our course explores human health, from the processes that cause cancer to the progression of Alzheimer's disease. There are also opportunities to extend your learning into other areas, such as bioinformatics or microbiology, depending on your specific interests. There is even the chance to get involved with hands on research into immortalised human cell lines in the lab. Key features
- Study for a four year Integrated Masters degree in Biology in a friendly, supportive and inspirational environment.
- Opportunities to explore some of the most fascinating fields in science, including neuroscience, cancer immunology and plant developmental genetics
- Excellent active research partnerships with many UK and international institutions
- Gain extensive practical experience by working with our experts in new and refurbished laboratories using a range of specialist equipment.
- Study in a friendly, supportive and inspirational environment
- Obtain a valuable postgraduate qualification and enhance your chances when applying for scientific jobs or a PhD degree.
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course