This truly international course will provide you with a strong theoretical and technical underpinning for the principal areas of study focusing on the integration of computer graphics into film footage. Why study MA Digital Effects at BU?
- Become proficient in acquisition filming, 3D animation and 2D compositing, facilitating your understanding of the entire digital effects pipeline
- Explore toolsets such as dynamics, green screen, tracking and digital assets in order to push yourself and your work to the next level of visual success
- Undertake multiple projects both individually and alongside students from across the NCCA Master's courses
- Benefit from visiting speaker talks from industry specialists, including some of our successful alumni
- Create a substantial and original project in preparation for the end of year degree show attended by top industry recruiters
- Access industry-standard facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation labs, equipped with industry-standard software Houdini and Nuke.
Foundation Project; DE Tools; DE Theory; Group Project; Personal Inquiry; Signature Shot; DE Masters
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. If English is not your first language, you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) or above, with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£8500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
Additional fee information