This programme is the ideal step into exploring your creative potential. You will develop an understanding of the philosophy and theory behind design practice, explore visual research and develop visual communication techniques, including freehand perspective drawing, model making and use of colour within a project. Developing your creative skills via a range of modules will enable you to prepare for employment within the creative industry or progress on to further year to complete a HND (Art & Design (Interior Design). What will I study? The Aim of the HNC Art & Design (3D Design) programme is to provide education and training for a career in the creative industries, offering a balance between the development of employable skills and the knowledge essential for students with entrepreneurial, employment or academic aspirations, allowing for flexibility of study and meeting local or specialist needs.
- Techniques & Processes
- Contextual Studies
- Professional Development
- Individual Project (Pearson Set)
- Surface Design
- 3D Practices
- Computer Aided
- Design Materials & Structures.
- Additional facilities include Science Centre, IT suites, dedicated University Centre, study spaces and social areas, and modern Learning Resources Centre.
- Online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) used to enhance and facilitate teaching and independent learning on all programmes.
- Experienced, supportive and motivated staff with both academic and industrial experience.
- Our experienced Life Coaches are on hand to help you through your University journey from mentoring and coaching to health, wellbeing and resilience. Learn more about how our Life Coaches can support you: https://www.bishopburton.ac.uk/university-centre/life-skills-team-at-ucbb
- Talks from a range of visiting speakers.
- Opportunities to attend trips to enhance learning.
- Students have access to a range of support through our study skills, and health and wellbeing teams. Further information can be found on our website: https://www.bishopburton.ac.uk/student-life/student-support
- Relevant extra-curricular activity and/or work experience is encouraged of all students in order to enhance learning.
- Interior Designer
- Hotel Interiors
- Retail interior designer
- Exhibition designer
- Graphic design opportunities
- Freelance and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Professional Development Contextual Studies Techniques & Processes Individual Project (Pearson set) 3D Practices Computer Aided Design Materials & Structures Surface Design
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bishop Burton
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
University Centre Bishop Burton welcome applicants from overseas. You will need to be issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to apply for your student visa to the UK. You will need to pay your course fees in full prior to a CAS being sent to you. In order for us to process this and for us to comply with our duties as a Sponsor we are required to check other aspects of your application, for example your financial status. For more details please visit www.bishopburton.ac.uk/student-life/international-students
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|