Biomedical science is the fundamental building block of medical practice. Without a deep understanding of the body, healthcare practitioners cannot diagnose and treat illnesses and diseases, such as cancer. At Kent, we equip you with the skill set you need for a successful career within the world of biomedical science or beyond. Biomedical Science with a Foundation Year is an excellent conversion course for applicants who don't meet the academic requirements for direct entry but have shown academic ability in non-science subjects. Accreditation Our Biomedical Science degree is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) and the Royal Society of Biology (RSB). Our four-year Biomedical Science with a Sandwich Year programme has Advanced Accreditation. Students graduating from RSB recognised courses are eligible for associate membership and are entitled to two years’ membership at half price.
- Hear from Biomedical Science student, Nivedita and academic, Dr Jill Shepherd, as they talk about the course and what it’s like to be a Biomedical Science student at Kent: https://youtu.be/SjV4zQlmT3c
- Find out about our ground-breaking research and how it’s impacting the world we live in: https://www.kent.ac.uk/biosciences/news
- Gain real-world experience, with behind the scenes visits to hospitals, that will highlight how you could use your skills.
- Focus on your future with the chance to take a paid Summer Studentship after your second year, giving you valuable hands-on experience in our research labs.
- Study in industry standard laboratories, with our well-equipped facilities, providing an excellent environment for teaching and research.
- Get involved with science outside of the lab by joining Kent BioSoc. This student-run society holds a seminar series, academic talks, trips and social events.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
Direct entry into Year 2 of this programme is considered on a case by case basis.
English language requirements
Applicants should have grade C or 4 in English Language GCSE or a suitable equivalent level qualification.
Please visit our website for further information:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Kent
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Course contact detailsVisit our course page