This degree has been developed to give you a solid overview in the discipline of environmental science, as well as looking at how humans shape the world around us and how humanity can tackle the issues arising from this. Why study BSc (Hons) Environmental Science (with Foundation Year) at BU?
- Gain practical experience gained through fieldwork, lab work, computing, data analysis, report writing, and work placements
- Fieldwork is carried out in a variety of stimulating environments, including the World Heritage Site Jurassic Coast, East Devon World Heritage Coast, and the New Forest
- Opportunities for you to learn through fieldwork by joining staff-led research projects overseas
- Our students work in partnership with our staff to co-create featured projects, collaborating with professional practitioners
- Gain valuable work experience on an optional placement in a real-world working environment, with a range of local, national and international companies and institutions.
- You’ll be career-ready with 90% graduates from our environmental sciences courses in employment after 15 months. (source Discover Uni 2023)
During the foundation year, you will study the following units: Applied Sciences; Academic Study Skills; Introduction to Biology; Introduction to Psychology; Mathematics in Science; and Foundation Year Project. As part of the degree, in Year 1 you will study: Chemistry | Diversity of Life | Scientific Research Skills | Fundamentals of Environmental Sciences | Physical Geography | Residential Field Trip
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Environmental Sciences, Institute of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English language requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|