The BSc Applied Mechanical Engineering Top-Up degree aims to provide you with a practical, industrially relevant, hands-on experience which is based on the understanding and development of traditional and research inspired Engineering and mathematical science and technology. The degree provides a rigorous balance of academic knowledge and development that allows you to solve engineering problems, through the analysis and critical evaluation using professional engineering, design and management tools. We will help you learn and adopt working practices that are professional and innovative in manner where there is an awareness of fundamental theoretical and analytical approaches to problem solving. The degree will give you good grounding to develop the highly scientific, numerical, analytical, practical and problem solving skills that are sought within the engineering sector and other diverse fields such as managerial and finance and beyond. On successful completion, you will top-up your existing qualifications to honours degree level through a course that has been specially developed to take into account the qualifications, and the mechanical and mathematical science and experience that you have gained through your existing qualifications. To summarise, this course aims to:
- To explore mechanical sciences, materials, product design lifecycle and management topics and the applications to mechanical engineering.
- Share with you the knowledge and understanding needed to make an early contribution to an engineering enterprise, the economy and society.
- Build upon and advance your previous knowledge using activity-led learning, underpinned by research inspired teaching, to provide you with a transformative learning experience.
- Create an educational environment that gives you access to both academic and industrial experience.
- Provides you with the opportunity to deal with complex issues, demonstrate self-direction and develop transferable skills.
- Mentor you to be professional in your outlook, be capable of team working, be effective communicators, and be able to exercise responsibility and sound management approaches.
- To develop you as able and motivated to continue learning throughout their careers to meet the challenge of a changing world.
For details about individual modules please visit the course page on our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Successful completion of 2 years appropriate academic study in Higher Education. All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. If you are successful in receiving an offer, you will be invited to an Applicant Visit Day to discover more about the course and studying at Coventry University.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Thursday 18 August 08:00-20:00, Friday 19 August 08:00-18:00, Saturday 20 August 10:00-16:00, Sunday 21 August 10:00-16:00, Monday 22 August onwards (weekdays only) 08:00-18:30
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
UK Admissions Office
024 7765 2222
European and International Admissions Office
+44 024 7765 2152