The first Master’s course of its kind, our MSc Behaviour Change programme opens doors to a wide range of fulfilling careers which focus on changing people’s behaviour and helping them to make positive choices.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of human behaviour and behaviour change
- Increase your confidence, skills and abilities to foster behaviour change in the context of wellbeing, safety or the natural environment
- Specialise in the areas which interest you most
- Devise practical ways to promote behaviour change, underpinned by theory and evidence-based science
- Learn from an enthusiastic and experienced team of research-active psychologists and ergonomists
- Take a flexible route to a masters degree: you only need to visit the campus for an induction event and then for nine days each year
- Progress your career in areas such as the health and wellbeing sectors, local government and occupational health and safety – or take your learning to PhD level
Psychology for Behaviour Change; Theories and Models of Behaviour; Applied Behaviour Change Interventions; Quantitative Research, Evaluation and Behaviour Change Application; Qualitative Research, Evaluation and Behaviour Change Application; Sustaining Behaviour Change; Research Project in Behaviour Change.
You'll be assessed via coursework. There will be many activities to thoroughly prepare you for your coursework. Assessments are matched to the individual module learning outcomes, which are derived from the course aims and learning outcomes.
You will need an undergraduate degree (lower second or above) or equivalent in a relevant subject or substantial professional experience.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Derby
Clearing contact detailsNeed more information? Please get in touch.
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
University of Derby Admissions