Explore the ancient worlds of Greece and Rome alongside the study of English literature. By combining Classics with English literature you can expect to gain skills and experience in Latin and/ or Ancient Greek language and texts, philosophy, history, art and archaeology, while discovering how Greek and Roman writers have influenced western literature. Key benefits
- King's Classics Department is one of the largest in the UK, with unique coverage from the Bronze Age to Modern Greece.
- Central location offers collaborations with the British Museum and the Museum of London, which are incorporated into undergraduate teaching.
- Graduates are equipped with analytical and presentational skills valued by employers, leading to careers in heritage-related professions, the media, education, civil service and the performing arts.
- Possibility to transfer to the Classics (Greek & Latin) BA in Year 2, provided that in Year 1 you took Greek & Latin Literature: An Introduction (30 credits) and a Greek or Latin language module (30 credits) in which you did well.
- One of the oldest English departments in the country, with an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research.
- Central location offers access to Shakespeare’s Globe, and countless other sites and buildings with literary associations.
- Offers a wide range of modules and diverse approaches.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Required subjects: English Literature, or combined English Language and Literature Preferred subjects: English Literature and another arts subject.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|