Overview Our Geography with International Year Abroad programme provides you with an exciting opportunity to study abroad with one of our International Partners. This four-year programme has the same structure as our BSc Geography course, but you will spend your third year studying Geography at an English-speaking university and return to Worcester for your fourth and final year. Study abroad locations currently include a range of European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, and the USA. You will be hosted by a partner university and you will be able to choose freely from across their course offerings in Geography. During your year abroad, you will enjoy the diverse learning opportunities of your host institution and the cultural and travel opportunities offered by your destination. Spending a year living and studying in another country is a fantastic experience that will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Explore a new country and experience different cultures
- Broaden your academic horizons and gain a new perspective on your studies
- Improve your career prospects by gaining new skills and increasing your employability by preparing you for the global job market
- Develop your social skills, make new friends and participate in sports and activities in a different environment
- Improve your foreign language skills or learn a new language.
- Study abroad – You will have the opportunity to study abroad for a year in Europe, USA, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Australia or New Zealand.
- Small, Friendly and Supportive Community - our small group sizes allow us to get to know you from the very start. At Worcester you are not just another face in the crowd.
- Access to the latest technology – we provide extensive training and practical experience in the use of research grade field and laboratory equipment, you will learn how to fly drones, use laser survey equipment and you will have access to a wide range of specialist equipment to support research in atmospheric, river science and environmental monitoring.
- Authentic Assessments - you will prepare for the workplace via ‘authentic’ assessments rather than formal examinations. Professional computer-based skills such as GIS and Earth Observation are embedded within most modules.
- Research-informed Learning – research-informed learning runs throughout our course. You will learn from cutting- edge research, delivered by internationally recognised subject specialists and practitioners who are passionate about the subjects they teach.
- Fieldwork – at Worcester we place strong emphasis on fieldwork. Local fieldwork is offered in almost every module. You will also have the opportunity to experience fully funded residential fieldwork in all three years (2023/24)
- Employability – we have a strong emphasis upon employability throughout the course. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable work experience through professional placements.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Royal Geographical Society
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course